October 9, 2016 · 12:38 pm
Been feeling a bit “Blah” lately – probably because of a reaction to the flu jab – so been finding it hard to concentrate.
Started plotting a new novel but it’s not coming together yet – I’ve never actually tried plotting one before – perhaps try again in a week or two.
Did some marketing but lack of funds kind of limits that! Still, did the usual social media whirl etc.
Started a Thunderclap for “A Little Book of Horror” – due for release October 12th
Pre-order Here or Support Thunderclap Here (it’s FREE)
Finally sent off an assignment for a course I’m doing.
Still feeling “Blah”.
Opened up new novel file – I’m twenty thousand words into a new historical romance – and a couple of hours and two thousand words later, I’m not feeling “Blah” any more!
Just do it!
Stop procrastinating and just make an effort. It will come. Give it the right time and place and anything can be accomplished!
Must get back to the novel now!
#amwriting #histfic #romance
Filed under Fiction, Uncategorized
Tagged as author, creative writing, historical fiction, love story, novel, online marketing, reading, romance, self publishing, social media, writers, writing
February 7, 2016 · 12:57 pm
With so many great fiction books available where do you begin? How do you select your next great read?
- Do you pick from authors you already know?
- Do you subscribe to book marketing emails?
- Have you joined readers groups on sites like Goodreads?
- Do you prefer to read recommendations from friends?
Just how to you go about finding some of the amazing reads out there?
Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
Amazon’s Most Wished For list
Barnes and Noble Recommends list
Goodreads Fiction Books lists
Other places to search:
- Facebook – search readers or writers groups.
- Twitter – search using #amreading, #readers, #greatreads and try any other relevant hashtags you can find.
- Pinterest – search books and follow author boards. Pin books you might like to come back to at a later date.
- Instagram – many authors are now using this platform but also if readers love a book they will post here.
There are many more ways to get connected to your next fantastic book. Try them all and if you have any great ideas make sure you share them in the comments!
Connect with me: